Friday, January 11, 2008

I'll have one of whatever they're committing to vinyl, please

Today is one of those days which reaffirm one’s belief in human nature as inherently kind, warm and fluffy. It will also go down in history (perhaps) as the day when The Clientele guaranteed they will always sell at least one copy of whatever they decided to release in the future. Even if they make a left turn into industrial noise, I will be there for them.

Why? Well they were there for me. As the fateful encounter took place at one of their gigs I think that maybe Justine was a fan of theirs. So I write to the band via the magic of the interwires. I lay out my dilemma - in a shudderingly embarrassing fashion, it has to be admitted – and, perhaps surprisingly, they don’t mock me mercilessly. Rather they are the personification of helpful and friendly.

Evidence of this wondrous piece of niceness lies here

May God, or the patron saint of album sales (Genesis?) bless them.

No comments: