Sunday, January 13, 2008

A face in the crowd

‘Have you tried Facebook?’ asks Gaz, confidante and flatmate extraordinaire. No, is the answer because without a surname or email address I’m liable to spend all my time searching for an electronic needle in a virtual haystack.

Nonetheless, Gaz’s suggestion has aroused my interest. So, giving thanks that I have never suffered any pollen-related allergies, and happy to find yet another reason to prevaricate over a college essay deadline, I plunge myself into the world of cyber frustration.

Feeling very much like I’m engaged in yet another painful administrative task doomed to failure, and between digesting passages on mandatory Palestine, I begin to trawl the supernet.

I soon discover that there is many a Justine in the world of Facebook. Undeterred (well, almost) I immediate eliminate those who evidently aren’t her based on the tiny pictures. Those Justine unfortunate enough not to be distinguishable in this method and who live in ‘London’ (helpfully vague that) receive a message from me, outlining my quest.

I desist only when Facebook prevents me from sending any more messages. Apparently I may be a spammer sending unwanted emails! *cough*

Back to the books.

No comments: